Almond milk is a popular healthy beverage rich in protein that can be used as a substitute for dairy and soy milk. Healthy almond milk can be produced at home with a slow juicer. This guarantees you retain good nutrients and little sugar in your milk production. Homemade almond milk is full of vitality if brewed properly, unlike the sham that is industrially processed which is sold in the open market containing preservatives and up to 20 g of sugar per can.
What is Organic Almond Milk
Natural almond milk is lactose-free and purely vegan. It is gluten-free and low in caloric value with one cup containing only 60 calories. It is also rich in vitamins A, B, D, and E which maintain skin softness, grow muscles and strengthen your bones. You will also be consuming rich minerals such as zinc, phosphorous and potassium all in one cup. Here we will discuss a simple recipe on how to make natural almond milk at home using a slow masticating juicer, which is free from thickeners and preservatives.
- Measure one cup of about 170 g, plain unsalted almonds and pour into a large empty bowl.
- Pour three cups of cold water into the bowl with the nuts.
- Leave the sweet almonds to soak overnight for an average of about 9 to 12 hours. The process is necessary in order to soften the nuts adequately before juicing. Avoid putting unsoaked almonds in the juicer to prevent the tough nuts from cracking your precious juicer.
- Sieve out the water and properly rinse the soaked nuts. Afterward, add again three cups of fresh water into the bowl of almonds
- Power on your slow juicer and use a ladle to scoop in equal proportions of almonds and water until you fill the container up to the juice receptacle.
- Stop the juicer when the almond milk appears thick and frothy.
Is Organic Almond Milk Good for You
You can further improve the quality of your almond milk by straining the extract with a piece of cheesecloth. The liquid milk is collected into your bottom cup ready for consumption as the pulp is collected as solid filtrate.
Plain natural almond is somewhat sweet but you can opt to add more flavor to your almond milk after it has been processed by a slow masticating juicer. This can be by adding a tablespoon of natural sweeteners like honey, agave nectar or maple syrup. There you have it! A cup of pure natural and healthy almond milk.